What is LinkedIn and why should you use it? LinkedIn is a professional networking tool that allows you to highlight your skills and experiences, build your network, explore and find jobs and internships, and research job opportunities. Your professional relationships are key to your career success. Networking is still the primary means of landing a great job or internship.
- Checkout the LinkedIn for Students page.
- Review this checklist on setting up a LinkedIn Profile.
- View the videos posted on the LinkedIn for Students page that are geared towards students.
- Go to LinkedIn and create a profile.
- Once your profile is created, start building your network (send me an invitation to connect: either search for me or go directly to my profile). Add others to your network. Go to linkedin.com/alumni for more connections.
- Join relevant groups, such as “Muhlenberg College Career Center” group and “Muhlenberg Alumni and Student Networking Group”, as well as those in career areas you may be interested in.
- Continue to build and maintain your profile. I will provide feedback on your profile.